Monday, April 6, 2009

the first is the best

My friends and family agree that I have a good life. I see it as mine everyday and I live it so I have a slightly different view. It's not that off from how they see it. It's just a little different. As most Massachusetts folk, I am unemployed now. I have been freelance for a while, and I hope something comes my way soon, and untill then, until the money comes back to be able to hang out with my still working friends, I figured I would start a blog as to not go completely crazy. Give myself a sense of purpose.

The photo above. I took it. I have a Cannon Power Shot A470 that I cashed in points on my Credit Card last year to get for free. I used a Cannon 5D everyday on the set of UNDERDOG and fell in love with it. This is not even CLOSE to a 5D, though 7.1 MP as a reward for racking up debt... not too shabby. I have no complaints about this camera. I quite love it, and it fits in my pocket so it is very stealth. Takes video too.

I video taped my brother singing Kareoke at a bar out here in Lynn a few months ago before I got very sick and this financial woe came about. Enough about that though. I video taped him singing two different songs. This past month I finally editied them together on my Pinnacle editing system which I run on My Toshiba Laptop. Put a few sweet transitions to it, slapped it on a DVD and sent it to him as a late birthday present. He texted me this:

"Thank You. I didn't realize I was so off key in places! I'll have to practice for next time. Your gift made me get all teary eyed!"

ah. I didn't think it was that big a deal! But it meant more than I could expect to him. So in closing, that's the deal! Positve feedback from just being me and doing what I do has been overwhelming for ME in these past few months. I'd like to share it to the void, to see if it touches others? Overall though, I think it will be fun just to document certain stories that others think are fun and I see as everyday. For instance... hanging out with Movie stars a few times a year. Don't get me wrong. I think it's fun for me, but I am shocked that other people think it's cool. :)

Till the next one.

Jess of all Trades, Monster of Some.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogwriting, Lucky Charm! Great title. Is that the view from your crib?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    Very nice photo, makes me miss the ocean.
    I know what you mean about the movie stars (lot of celebs at the Baja 1000).
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. J-This is one of the views from my crib... outside a little up the street. From my crib you only see a 2x2 ft sqare of the water from one window, but walk OUTSIDE and there is no end to the waterfront.

    SQ-I work with them, so it's a little different sometimes. You can't actually TALK to them much since they are "working" but I sneak a few convos in when appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete